Meeting documents

Oxfordshire Waste Partnership Joint Committee (meeting with the Oxfordshire Environment Partnership)
Friday, 29 February 2008

 

CChairman: Councillor Kieron Mallon

 

Bodicote House

Bodicote

BANBURY

Oxfordshire

OX15 4AA

Telephone       (01295) 252535

 

Textphone      (01295) 221572

(Minicom)

 

Fax (01295) 270028

DX 24224 (Banbury)

SSecretary: Mary Harpley (Chief Executive)

                         

                                   

Oxfordshire Waste Partnership

Joint Committee

 

NOTICE OF MEETING

MEETING      

Oxfordshire Waste Partnership Joint Committee

 

DATE/TIME

Friday 29 February 2008 at 9.30am.

 

PLACE

Committee Rooms 163/164 in the Civic Suite at Cherwell District Council Offices. Bodicote House.

 

CONTACT OFFICER

Steve Lodge (Tel: 01295 221590 E-mail: steve.lodge@cherwell-dc.gov.uk)

 

Mary Harpley (Chief Executive)

                                                                                                                          20 February 2008

 

Membership

 

Councillors:

Representing:

 

Kieron Mallon

(deputy: Barry Wood)

 

Cherwell District Council

Jean Fooks

(deputy: John Goddard)

 

Oxford City Council

Roger Belson

(deputy: David Robertson)

 

Oxfordshire County Council

David Dodds

(deputy: Any Cabinet Member)

 

South Oxfordshire District Council

Tony De Vere

(deputy: Jenny Hannaby)

 

Vale of White Horse District Council

David Harvey

(deputy: Barry Norton or Verena Hunt)

West Oxfordshire District Council


 

NOTES



 

Access to Information

The minutes and reports included in Part I of this agenda are published on-line on Cherwell District Council’s website at: http://www.cherwell-dc.gov.uk/yourcouncil/meetings.cfm

Enquiries about specific reports: please contact the officers named in the reports.

These documents can be made available in alternative formats and different languages on request.  For further information about this service please contact the Communications Team, 01295 221578.

The timing given against each agenda item is an estimate of the approximate time that the Committee will commence consideration of that item.  It is for indicative purposes only, and will change in the event that the running order of the items is revised.

 

If you are planning to attend the meeting directions to Bodicote House can be found on our Website at http://www.cherwell-dc.gov.uk/files/publicationscheme/3011-425.pdf

 

 

Guidance for Members

Members are asked to contact Steve Lodge, Democratic Services Officer, 01295 221590, (mailto:steve.lodge@cherwell-dc.gov.uk) to tender apologies or advise of attendance by their named Deputy Members.

Members are reminded that Part II reports contain exempt information and should therefore be treated accordingly.  They should not be disclosed or passed on to any other person(s). 

Members are reminded of the requirements of Section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act, 1992, and those Members affected by its provisions will need to make a declaration and refrain from voting when a matter to which the Act applies is discussed.  An indication is given in the “Financial Effects” statements of those matters where the Act is likely to apply.

Members are asked to sign the Attendance Register.

Members are required to consider the implications of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998 when exercising their functions.

 

Declarations of Interests

Members are asked to declare any personal interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.

i)         any Member arriving after the start of the meeting is asked to declare interests as necessary as soon as practicable after their arrival even if the item in question has been considered;

ii)       with the exception of the circumstances listed in paragraph 10(2) of the model Code of Conduct for Members, a Member with a personal interest also has a prejudicial interest if it is one which a Member of the public with knowledge of the relevant facts would reasonably regard as so significant that it is likely to prejudice the Member’s judgement of the public interest.

iii)       Officers cannot offer advice during the meeting on whether or not a personal interest should be declared, or whether a personal interest should also be regarded as prejudicial.

 

Car Parking

Please also note there is limited car parking at Bodicote House.  Please car share where possible.  Arrangements have been made to provide some overspill parking at the Bodicote Cricket Club, so please try there first.  The access is between the mini-roundabout and Bodicote House, opposite the primary school.  The Club has however instructed that under no circumstances should vehicles park on the grass verges on the drive leading up to the Clubhouse.


AGENDA

 

PART I

 

Tfor:

 

 

 

 

1

MINUTES

 

To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Joint Committee held on 30 November 2007 (copy attached).

 

 

 

2

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND NOTIFICATION OF DEPUTY MEMBERS

 

The Secretary to report on apologies for absence and on the attendance by Deputy Members notified to him before the start of the meeting.

 

(Contact Steve Lodge (01295 221590) to tender apologies and advise of attendance by the named Deputy Member).

 

 

 

3

ADDITIONAL ITEMS

 

The Chairman to advise whether any item of an urgent nature has been admitted to the agenda.

 

 

 

4

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

Members are asked to declare any personal interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.  (Please refer to the notes on the opposite page).

 

(Note: unless otherwise stated all of the under-mentioned agenda items have attachments which can be found at the end of Part I of this Agenda.)

 

 

      9 --9.35

5

NEW FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To report further progress on the development of new financial arrangements and to seek agreement on a model to replace the existing recycling credits scheme with effect from 1 April 2009.

 

Recommendations

 

It is recommended that:

 

(i)    OWP agrees the new financial arrangements, to be implemented by 1 April 2009;

 

(ii)      arrangements are put in place to test the model during 2008/09;

 

(iii)    with the support of the County Council’s Legal Services the OWP Chairman and Coordinator finalise revisions to annex 4 of the OWP Partnership Agreement for approval by the Partner Councils;

 

(iv)    an update report be provided to the next meeting of the Leaders group.

 

       1 10.15

6

JOINT MUNICIPAL WASTE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY ACTION PLAN

2008/09 – 2010/11

(download as .doc file)

(Appendix - download as .xls file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To consider a draft action plan 2008/09 – 2010/11 in support of the Partnership’s Joint Municipal Waste Management Strategy (JMWMS).

 

Recommendation

 

That the OWP Action plan for 2008/09 to 2010/11 be agreed.

 

       1 10.30

7

LOCAL AREA AGREEMENT (LAA2)

 

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To report progress on OWP related targets to include LAA2.  To consider endorsing the submissions made.

 

Recommendations

 

(i)       OWP endorses the submission of Targets 1 – 4 as outlined above and urges the PSB to include target 5, fly tipping, if the opportunity exists;

(ii)       Further consideration be given to the inclusion of the actions required to deliver the targets in the 2008/09 work programme and that of subsequent years following agreement of the LAA2 programme and targets;

(iii)     The OWP 2008/09 core budget and New Initiative Fund criteria be reviewed in light of the funding required to support the actions to deliver the LAA2 targets if approved by the Public Services Board and GOSE.

 

10.45 10.45

8

DRAFT BUDGET 2008/09

(download as .doc file)

(Appendix - download as .xls file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To provide further information on the draft OWP budget for 2008/09.

 

Recommendations

 

It is recommended that:

 

(i)    the final WPEG settlement be noted;

 

(ii)   the method of redistributing the 2008/09 budget surplus as described in table 2 and paragraph 2.4 be agreed.

 

 


 

 

 

    11.011.am

9        

PROCUREMENT UPDATES

 

(a)   FOOD AND GARDEN WASTE TREATMENT

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of Report

 

To update the OWP on progress on the Food and Garden Waste Treatment procurement projects.

 

Recommendations

 

To note and support the progress made on the procurement of the food and garden waste.

 

     

 

(b)   JOINT COLLECTION

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To provide an update on the progress of the Joint Procurement Project.

 

Recommendations

 

This report is for information only.

 

 

      11.11.20

 

(c)   RESIDUAL WASTE TREATMENT

 

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To update the OWP on progress on the residential waste treatment procurement project.

 

Recommendations

 

To note and support the progress made on the procurement of residual waste treatment.

 

      11.11.45

10    

CHAIRMAN AND DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS

 

(download as .doc file)

 

Purpose of report

 

To advise of future chairmanship arrangements.

 

Recommendations

 

That the handover of the role of Host Authority to Oxford City with effect from 1 May 2008 and the meeting dates for 2008/09 be noted.

 

 

11    

ANY OTHER ITEM WHICH THE CHAIRMAN HAS DECIDED IS URGENT

 

(NO ATTACHMENTS).

 

 

 

MEETING SCHEDULED TO END AT 12.00 noon FOLLOWING WHICH LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.

 

Return to TOP